If you’re reading this, you’re likely wondering how to use a VPN on an iPhone.
VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) enable you to browse privately, keeping your browsing habits and history encrypted as well as hiding your location.
If you value your privacy and are looking to start using a VPN on your iPhone, there are a few ways you can go about this.
Much like using a VPN on your Android device, installing a VPN on your iPhone is quick and easy and you can do so using an app or manually in the settings of your device.
In this article, we’ll take you through our easy-to-follow step-by-step guide to get you started using a VPN on your iPhone straight away.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
How To Use A VPN On iPhone
Before using a VPN on your iPhone, you’ll first need to decide which VPN you’d like to use. VPNs vary greatly in cost and services that they offer, popular examples include NordVPN, Surfshark and ExpressVPN.
While you may want to opt for a free VPN, it is worth noting that many of the top paid VPNs, such as Surfshark or Atlas, often offer introductory discounts if you want to test them out.
We’d always recommend using paid VPNs as they tend to be the most reliable and secure.
Once you’ve selected the VPN you want to use, you’re ready to start the installation process.
How To Use A VPN On iPhone Using An App
Many of the most popular VPN services feature apps. As an example for the installation process, we’ll use ExpressVPN, though the process should be virtually the same whichever VPN you decide to go for.
- Launch the “App Store” app on your iPhone and search for ExpressVPN.
- Select the “Get” button and begin to download the app.
- Once downloaded, open the app and enter your login credentials or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Once on the “Set Up Your VPN” screen, press “Continue” and then press “Allow” when your iPhone asks you to add VPN Configurations.
- When doing this, your device may ask you to enter your password
- Press the “Power” button to connect to ExpressVPN.
You’re now ready to use your VPN, you can toggle this on and off in the “Settings” app on your device.
How To Use A VPN On iPhone Without An App
In order to use a VPN on an iPhone without using an app, you’ll need to configure the network manually in the settings.
Once you’ve chosen the VPB you want to use, you’ll need to find the following information…
- Remote ID
- User authentication
Once you have each of these, you’re ready to configure the VPN on your iPhone and can do so by following these steps.
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to “General” and then click on “VPN”.
- Next tap “Add VPN Configuration”.
- Select the network type by tapping “Type” and then proceed to fill in each section with the relevant information.
- Once you’re confident the information is correct, tap “Done”.
- You can then head back to the VPN section on your “Settings” app and switch the button to green to turn on the VPN.
So, there you have it, you should now be able to enjoy encrypted, private browsing using a VPN on your iPhone.
With so many VPNs to choose from, it can be a little tricky finding the right one, we’ve highlighted some of the most popular below…
Read More: How To Use A VPN On Android: Step By Step Guide